What seemed to be a strange and knee-jerk decision to be a vegetarian few year’s backs is now recognized as a mature and corrective step towards improving one’s lifestyle with proper health benefits.
A non-vegetarian lifestyle has a significant medical cost, not to overlook the health hazard associated with it. It causes hypertension, obesity, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases like cancer and heart ailments.
On the other hand, vegetarian diet includes higher consumption of
Let’s list some important points below to see the health benefits associated with being a vegetarian.
1. Better frame of mind
- Consumption of less meat, fish and poultry items results in less supply of arachidonic acid to mind, which adversely influences a person’s mood.
- Including fruits, vegetables and nuts in one’s food naturally
stopsthe interaction of this chemical with the brain, hence reducing its effect.
2. Reduce diabetes instances
- Continuous consumption of vegetarian food reduces the risk of diabetes quite a lot.
3. Lowers the risk of cataract development
- The vegetarian hold better track record when it comes to cataract development as compared to meat eaters.
4. Low cholesterol level
- A very significant health benefit which the vegetarians enjoy over meat eaters is low cholesterol level. Meat eaters inadvertently consume the animal fat, which reduces human metabolism and eventually gets deposited in body increasing cholesterol level.
- Health issue further compounds with inflated cholesterol level slowly increasing obesity and eventually the risk of cardiac arrest. Being vegetarian keeps the cholesterol level under control, thus lowering heart-related diseases.
5. Lesser chances of kidney stones
A very painful thing which can happen with meat consumption is increased level of fatty acids in body; this reduces the pH level of the urine, which results in the painful occurrence of kidney stones. This is a very painful disease and can cause immense mental and physical agony to the victim. Vegetarian lifestyles reduces the risk of kidney stones with increased level of urine pH
6. Adequate fulfilment of required nutrition level
There is a common myth that a vegetarian is always starving or is low in energy because of nutrition deficiency. This is a complete myth as a lot of athletes, sports person, bodybuilders have turned vegetarians and it has never affected their performance level.
A careful study of the choice of food can never leave you deprived of essentials nutrition. As a matter of fact, your knowledge about food items and their composition improves multifold because you are constantly looking for the right kind of food for yourself. This enhances your knowledge as an individual.
So we can see above that turning into a vegetarian has lots of health benefits and it can bring a lot of positive change in a person’s life.
Let us know your Suggestions in a comment