So you are a hardcore carnivore and you end up meeting a long time friend at social gathering who is a vegetarian now. So the first question you ask your friend
How much protein does a normal human body need, and does vegetarian food suffice for that?
- Normally, an active adult human body needs a 2000 calorie diet with 50 grams of protein every day.
- An average vegetarian food, with lentils, peas, nuts
hardcoreand grains can provide that easily.
Do vegetarians suffer
from vital minerals and vitamins deficiency?
- This is a valid point as lots of vegetarian food is protein rich but for vitamin and other important minerals supply, one must be very careful with the choice of food.
- A balanced diet including broccoli, walnuts, citrus fruits, sprouted beans, whole wheat food etc is required vitamins, zinc, iron
andcalcium. For Vitamin B12, milk or yeast needs to be consumed on regular basis. These minerals are vital for growth and overlooking their intake can result intoserious health issues.
- So if we keep our diet balanced, inclusive of all vital minerals, there can be hardly any deficiency for vegetarians.
Does one need to take
- It’s always tempting to resort to those fancy colorful food supplement tablets from medical stores as a contingency plan, it is strongly recommended to avoid them. The potency level of these supplements is not correct as per the requirement and mostly you tend to
over consumethem which can create an adverse effect.
You tend to tire more in active sports if you are a vegetarian
- It’s a myth when people say that if you are off your regular meat diet, it’s difficult to work out heavy in the gym or run that extra mile. The extra effort what your body takes during sports or work out is because of the protein supplements you anyways take.
- With a balanced diet, you atneed to have supplements which are rich in proteins and other vital minerals to provide you the right amount of strength for that extra rep in the gym. You just need to be methodical to calculate the amount of added energy you need for that extracurricular activity.
Is Tofu a at choice for vegetarians?
- Tofu has been a staple diet of vegetarians, but it had its share of controversies over the period of time. If you do not have thyroid issues, mild processed tofu can be a good choice as its high in protein.
Can turning vegetarian make one slim?
- If you want to be slim, it’s good as being vegetarian cuts down on those extra calories, but for that, you need to control your diet, turning vegetarian not necessarily makes you slim. It’s true, it can control obesity but then it varies from case to case basis.
Let us know your Suggestions in